Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How to tell when you have PMS

* when you yell "if I were you I wouldn't mess with me right now!" to your daughter who is beginning to whine about going to bed

*Your kind husband offers to pick you up some cheese from the store that you need tomorrow, and when you see the bag of cheese you say "I told you to get the little bag. How much did that cost? Ugh, I'm going to have to take it back." And then he nicely says "it's okay, I'll go do it." "Ok", you say, "but don't spend more than $3 dollars". (30 minutes later, and two kids in tow- who he took to give you a break - husband returns from store). "What?", you say "this isn't the small bag. How much did it cost?" "Four dollars", he quietly says."
"Geez, I said don't spend more than 3!!" (getting testy now). Husband stomps down the stairs. And what do you do? You throw the stupid bag of cheese across the room at the wall because you're mad that he bought the wrong size and spent $1 more!!

*when you tell your daughters "if you don't clean up your room, I'm going to bring a big trash bag in here and dump everything in it. Even the nice stuff that you like. And don't think that I won't!!!"

*when you don't answer the phone because you are afraid someone might be calling to ask you to help someone and you're too tired and irritable to come up with a nice excuse (lie) why you can't and you're afraid you'll just tell them the truth (which I did once to my very nice neighbor. I'll save that story for it's own post one day).

*when you lock yourself in your room, after you have "kindly and patiently" (hear the sarcasm folks) put your kids to bed, to get all your frustrations out by writing about them in a blog, and then sit in a chair and read until you fall asleep (I'm doing that next). Reason? Because you don't want to bite anyone elses head off tonight!

*And by the way, if you happen to notice the date of this post and the last post, you will see that they are the very same day. And in case you are wondering, I am not bi-polar! (I even asked a doctor just to be sure!)

No comments: