Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Too much negative energy going around

Seriously, is there a depressive, blah, blech, feeling in the air right now or is it just me? Every day I wake up and think "I just want to go back to bed" and feel that way all day. I find no enjoyment in the things I usually enjoy and I'm just dragging myself around, forcing myself to get things done. I hate it! I want to scream at it! I almost feel like I'm going crazy because I can't get away from it. That's why I think it's in the air.

So, here's my theory, and feel free to stop reading from this point on if you think I'm crazy, but here goes: I think because of the election, the financial crisis, and all the aruging amongst people (even and especially Mormons) over Prop. 8, there is literally a negative energy around us all in this country. There is too much fighting, too much critcizing, too much judging, too much FEAR in so many of us that we are creating a negative energy all around us! It's making me sick and it's making me sad. I don't care who or what you believe in, but you should show more respect and kindness towards those who disagree with you!! Especially those who are Mormon's. Dang it all, you guys should know better. You should have been taught better. You should be more Christlike in your dealings with your fellow beings. STOP JUDGING THEM!

Yes, you can stand up for what you believe, but you can do it with kindness and respect. I'm saddened and disappointed in all the bickering and fighting. This is not what the Savior would want us to act like. Please think about that next time before you have the gall to call someone's testimony into question because they disagree with you! That is NOT your right. YOU are not their judge. You can kindly and respectfully (I know I'm repeating myself) tell them you disagree and that you are choosing to follow your prophet, But don't you dare tell them they are going to go to hell.

Because seriously, if hell is a place where people like you're telling are going to go there, are going to go, then I'd rather be with them in hell then in the Celestial Kingdom with someone like you!
Ok, I'm done ranting now and feel like I have added to the negative energy in the air, and I apologize. I will try to have happy, positive, faith filled thoughts the rest of the night. Again, I'm sorry and Good night!

And by the way, if you want to see things from another point of view, and a view I really admire, visit www.soymademegay.com. I love that website and he has truly changed how I see things forever. Thanks Clint!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Followed your comment on soymademegay back to this post. His blog is my new favorite, too.

Um ... I can't tell if you are Mormon or not but it seems like you're struggling with a lot of the same frustration I have been experiencing lately. Something that really gave me a lot of hope was listening to President Henry B. Eyring's conference address "Our Hearts Knit as One". In it he promises that a great day of unity is coming. After feeling such despair for the people of our church (and the world!) it was encouraging to hear his comments and counsel.

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-21,00.html

Louise said...

Thank you Carolyn, and yes, I'm a Mormon. I loved that talk by Elder Eyring, it was one of my favorites. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad the election is over, things feel a lot better now.